Friday, May 3, 2013

Bad Day, Great Results

So it's been one of those days, heck- one of those weeks!  There's snow flurries coming down which really has topped it all off.  I'm so done with this kind of weather, we all need to get outside!  I decided to take my frustration to my craft room and see if I could make myself in a better mood by being creative.  I'm so, so happy with this layout-I may have to be crabby more often.

Loving it!  Chevron always makes me happy.  I found this paper in my local craft store.  I totally dug it and thought I could see some SU colors...and I was right!  Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, and Smoky Slate all worked perfectly! (Don't recognize these colors?  The first two are old In Colors coming back, and Slate is a new color being introduced in this year's catty.)

This is an oldie, but a goodie.  In fact, I have this photo framed on my ledge in my craft room.  I've never found paper that I really have liked...until now!  I can't tell you how easy this all came together.  I used the ticket set from the Spring catty and punched 3 tickets from each color (hard to see.)  On one I wrote the date, and on the others just a couple of small notes.  The twine is also non-SU but a perfect match to Bermuda.  The letters used on the title is from a new set coming in the new catty.

Love how being creative can change your day!

Was so excited to post I forgot to give credit for the sketch!  Bella Blvd had a great sketch on there blog by Becky Fleck.  So great I stuck to it!  Thanks for the inspiration!

April_Sketch2

No comments:

Post a Comment