Friday, May 13, 2011

Wedding Bling MOJO190/PPA93

For this card I'm combining two challenges.  The layout is from Mojo Monday.

The inspiration is from Pal Paper Arts. This week is anything wedding related.
Here is my finished card:

I used Very Vanilla as my card base.  Next I inked up my Vintage Wallpaper using my brayer with Basic Black and ran a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock through my Big Shot.  This added more dimension with the embossing folder.  I also ran a piece of Basic Black through this folder and lined up the image.  The center piece is made with the Scallop Square #2 die, Scallop Rectangle Clearlit and Word Play stamp set.  To make the black rectangle, I ran the piece through the big shot three different times to create the shape, lining it up each time.  I then took a piece of Basic Black satin ribbon and layered that with Very Vanilla seam binding.  I then used the Floral Fusion die to create the Very Vanilla flower.  Last, I added lots of rhinestones to "bling" up the card.

New Challenge Blog

First of all, I'm still here.  I've been busy trying to redo my room to make it more useful so there hasn't been many projects being made.  It still is rather unsettled, but I have been needing to get some creative juices going again.

Second, I found a new challenge blog that I really am seeing some great cards coming from.  Such talent out there in blog world.  It's The Paper Players and I used this week's color challenge for this card.

Here's my card:

I started with an Early Espresso card base and layered that with First Edition DSP.  I used a sponge and Crumb Cake ink to "dirty it up."  I then took a strip of Very Vanilla and stamped the saying from Happy Greetings with Early Espresso ink.  This is one of my favorite stamp sets!  Under that strip, I scalloped a piece of Not Quite Navy with the Tasteful Trim die.  On that, I tied a piece of Early Espresso bakers twine.  The flower is made with the Fun Flowers die and Cherry Cobbler card stock. I cut two of each petal and sprayed and wrinkled them.  For the center, I used a Cherry Cobbler button tied with Cherry Cobbler bakers twine.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you check out this new challenge blog, and I promise it won't be so long between posts again!