Friday, May 13, 2011

New Challenge Blog

First of all, I'm still here.  I've been busy trying to redo my room to make it more useful so there hasn't been many projects being made.  It still is rather unsettled, but I have been needing to get some creative juices going again.

Second, I found a new challenge blog that I really am seeing some great cards coming from.  Such talent out there in blog world.  It's The Paper Players and I used this week's color challenge for this card.



Here's my card:


I started with an Early Espresso card base and layered that with First Edition DSP.  I used a sponge and Crumb Cake ink to "dirty it up."  I then took a strip of Very Vanilla and stamped the saying from Happy Greetings with Early Espresso ink.  This is one of my favorite stamp sets!  Under that strip, I scalloped a piece of Not Quite Navy with the Tasteful Trim die.  On that, I tied a piece of Early Espresso bakers twine.  The flower is made with the Fun Flowers die and Cherry Cobbler card stock. I cut two of each petal and sprayed and wrinkled them.  For the center, I used a Cherry Cobbler button tied with Cherry Cobbler bakers twine.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you check out this new challenge blog, and I promise it won't be so long between posts again!

7 comments:

  1. This is my first time participating with The Paper Players as well and I'm so glad that it was a color challenge! It was super fun to play along with some different colors. I love your choice to use the Cherry Cobbler only for the flower and layer them...really makes it pop with all of the layers!!

    Heidi at stuckonstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! What a lovely flower you've made! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bobbie, I'm glad you found us! Great card--I love how each layer is a different challenge color and that cobbler flower is FAB! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players--we hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous!! I love this card - love that flower as well - it really pops on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbie, so happy that you found us this week and played along! :) I love that big, bold blossom and the newsprint background. The baker's twine is a great touch! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on the colors! I totally couldn't get out of the masculine box but you did and made such a great card. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players; be sure to come back again this weekend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Bobbie! The flower is fabulous against the First Edition DSP! I am glad you found us! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete