1. I love banners. They are (super) trendy in the paper world and I love to incorporate them in my scrapbook pages and cards.
2. When Stampin' Up released the Perfect Pennants Die for the Big Shot, there wasn't even a second thought, it would be on my wish list.
3. I bought it right away....today was the first I've used it. OOPS.
So why is another two reasons...
1. My upline is having a Holiday Stamp a Stack this weekend and I wanted to make something to display.
2. Stampin' Up is having a Big Shot contest for demonstrators to win free product....and who doesn't love free.
Here is my banner that I can't wait to display this holiday season
I LOVE how it turned out! I chose River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Real Red, and Pool Party for my colors. I used the largest pennant from the die and cut them from River Rock DSP. I used some Soft Suede ink to sponge the edges. All of the pennants are held together with Hemp Twine which I tied ribbon (various types, some retired but all in my color scheme) on in between each pennant. On the ends I also tied some more ribbon and then used Stampin' Up's clothes pins that I died using Real Red reinker.
Here's a more detailed look at each letter:
For this pennant I cut a Doily also from the Perfect Pennant Die from Wild Wasabi cardstock, versa marked Dot, Dot, Dot, and used Dazzling Diamonds to emboss. The Real Red e is also from the Simple Letters die set. I used the Flower Fusion sizzlet to create the flower and added a pearl accent.
Another lolly this time in Wild Wasabi DSP, I think it was 1.25" wide. I added a Pool Party button from the Spice Cake collection tied with linen thread.
Thanks for looking...I'm sure I'll have to do another one for the next holiday. Now to go clean my desk!