Saturday, February 23, 2013

Zig Zag Duos

Sorry, chevron always seems so hoity toity when I say it.  It's monochromatic week with the Dynamic Duos and I have to admit this one threw me:



Don't get me wrong, I was super excited to see Pool Party!  You may remember how I may have to hold a color funeral for this color if SU really retires it this year...but Island Indigo.  Not so much. I'm not sure why I haven't caught on with this one.  As I was putting my scraps away from last week's card, I found a chevron pattern I had made for a previous scrap page (that I don't think I ever shared) and thought I'd use this technique again for this card.  Take a look at my card:

I had planned a Vanilla card, but a dropped cling stamp with Staz On had a different idea. I'm also wishing I had covered up the stamp so the partial image isn't on the card. 

I made the chevron with the In Color DSP packs, First Edition, and Crumb Cake card stock.  I added a wood button with Pool Party bakers twine and a Saleabration Pool Party button with Island Indigo twine.  The sentiment is from Bring on the Cake. I liked how it mimicked the newsprint.

Here is link to the tutorial I used.  The fun thing is I have enough to make four cards, so I'm going to make a little card set with them to give to a special friend!

Now head over and see what the rest of the team has come up with!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you've done this week! This looks like a lot of tedious work, but well worth it in the end! The buttons add so much interest too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely...I just made some chevrons last night using the same tutorial, but haven't made a card with it yet...but you helped to inspire me to make a card...tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chevrons, they are so popular right now. the buttons are a great touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so cool, I love the zig zags! I love the patterns you used. And thanks for the link to the tutorial! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! This is such a fun technique! Thanks for sharing the link-can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card, Bobbie! Wonderful mix of papers :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful graphic card Bobbie - love how you've got patterned paper chevrons (or zig zags!) and stamped ones too - and that button is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete