Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thowback Saturday

I know it's supposed to be Thowback Thursday, but this week's layout for Simple Sketches is really a throwback!  First take a look at the sketch:



I loved it the minute I laid eyes on it!  But I couldn't get over the "tags" being upside down--have I mentioned my OCDness?!?!

Here is my layout:

This is my Linnea way back in 2005!

The tags on the layout reminded me of a cork board you might see in your message area.  I took a piece of 12 X 12 cork and went to work!

I made my own tags, just notching the corner and then used a framelit to get the center hole. 

I went embellishment crazy!  Here are a few of my favorites:

I love the middle lower tag--that was all hand stamped using some old SU calendar stamps.

The top right corner has a Candy "flair"--I stamped, punched and then layered with Crystal Effects to make it button like.  The trick or treat bag on the lower left is done the same.

I love, love how this turned out!!  Now head over and see what the rest of the design team has created.

No comments:

Post a Comment