Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Display Stamper Projects

In January I received an email I was chosen to be a Display Stamper at the Minneapolis OnStage. I was thrilled, even more thrilled when the box of supplies arrived.  There immediately was some items that I loved...and some I had to really scratch my head over.  Another reason I love Stampin' Up...they have something for everyone.  Well sit back, grab a snack and let me show you my projects:

The first item I fell in love with was the Tree Rings Background Stamp.  I instantly thought of a Lumberjack 1st Birthday Party.  I made the invite first-the buffalo check is done by using the Brushstrokes background stamp.  Stamp, then reink and turn your paper 90 degrees and then stamp again.  Next I made a cute little banner using some of our ribbon trims.  I also had a dear friend make a buffalo check 1 cookie and made a treat topper but my kiddos ripped into that cookie as soon as I brought it home...it had been in the freezer for weeks.

Also using the Tree Ring stamp I made these 2 cards.  I masked it on the Acorny Thank You card. 

Next up, I wanted to highlight the new In Colors.  I LOVE THEM!  I especially adore the Powder Pink.  I used the Endless Birthday Wishes set (I'm going to miss this one, with 2 kiddos it was my go to birthday party card set.)  I was sent 3 of the 5 inks...so I used Versa Mark and Clear Emboss Powder for the other 2.  I also used the new Hearts & Stars Elements.

Next up, I made this book mark using the Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide colors.  I love, love this Bug set.  I know its a miss for some, but it was a total hit in my book! 

Next I created this simple card to highlight all 10 of the In Colors.  Unfortunately, the bitty butterfly punch will be soon disappearing.  I think these colors really play well together!

Next I did a little scrapbooking.  This is really where my heart will always lead me.  I started playing with SU products because I loved the coordination of their products I couldn't find at my local scrapbooking store.  I received a pack of the Bundle of Love Specialty DSP, and I'm so happy I did!  Honestly, the catalog doesn't do it any justice and truthfully I would have skipped it. The gold just shines!  I found this photo of my girls and it was an easy spread.  Above the photo, you'll see the new Circle Tab punch.  The Heart elements are also on the page.

On the flip side of the gold, is either Blushing Bride or Soft Sky.  I chose the Blushing Bride to go with these photos.  They are some of my all time favorites!  Both of my girls play softball, so a few years ago, I ordered these costumes for Halloween and had a friend take these photos.  While checking in at On Stage, I overheard someone talking about this page.  Thank you, it made my day!

Next I made this quick and easy card.  It features new Fresh Fig card stock, ribbon, and bow.  This ribbon is lovely!  So.darn.soft!  I was delighted to see that the stamp set All Things Thanks is sticking around.

Next up, I played with the Pick a Pattern Washi tape.  For the top card I just laid some strips down to ground my circle.  The bottom card, I laid four pieces of the same washi to create my own DSP.  The bottom card features the Pool Party shimmer ribbon...also amazing!  I have to say SU hit it out of the ballpark with ribbons this year!

Last, I played with the other stamp set I received...and it was a head scratcher for some reason. It's called Little One.  I first made the Penguin card if you can believe it.  The sentiment is "Get Your Swaddle On" but I omitted the S...I thought I was pretty clever.  That card also shows you the Soft Sky side of the Bundle of Love DSP. 

All of the items I recieved were in typical SU packaging...except 2 pieces of shiny white paper.  I called my coordinator to see if they were random or a product. Turns out it was Glossy Paper.  Now, I know many are excited about it's return...and I can't wait to see your projects because I had to turn to YouTube.  I did a marbling  technique (I'm sure I messed it up, because it didn't marble) with Flamingo reinker, for my Welcome Little One card.  I embossed with gold embossing powder and used my markers to add a touch of color, and finished it with new Flamingo twine.

Last up is my arrow card.  I used them from the Love Notes Framelits because TeePees and arrows just go together, no?  There is a sentiment, but it didn't photograph well.  I love the Tranquil, Navy, and Slate color combo.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed seeing these projects.  I know I enjoyed being a Display Stamper and encourage everyone to submit to be one.  It was fun playing with new supplies, but also to see others enjoy your work at On Stage.

thanks,
bobbie










6 comments:

  1. I got to be a display stamper in November, and I agree, it is so fun to watch others looking at your work, not to mention getting the new products way ahead of everyone else! I love your butterflies in all of the In Colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being chosen! You can certainly be proud of the projects you made to display! I can only imagine how much fun it is to have the products and start creating with them so much sooner than anyone else! I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are ALL awesome!! I was a lucky one to see them in person in Mpls. Great job Bobbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are FANTASTIC!!! I love the buffalo check idea, and your layouts are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME Projects.... Great job! Such creativity! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work. You have a very creative touch, and an eye for details.

    ReplyDelete