Sunday, May 13, 2012

Resisting Smiles

This week is technique week at Hand Stamped Sentiments...and bonus it's one I know--though not used often as I have an aversion to embossing powder mess.  Take a look:



This technique adds a wow factor to your project, here's what I cam up with:

These are pictures of one of my brothers with my youngest daughter taken this past November.  He knows I want the perfect picture and has taught them to make "mean faces."  These are three consecutive pictures I took trying to get the bottom one. 

I took the Cajun Craze color from the pictures.  This is probably my third least used color (behind Burgundy and Artichoke...I'm not a regal girl) but after doing this layout, it sort of grew on me.  The next layer I originally cut down a piece of Vanilla but thought it was too plain so I traded it for First Edition DSP which pulled out the black from the pictures.  The three big banners is where the embossing resist came in.  I took a piece of Whisper White 8.5 X 11 card stock and stamped it with the Delicate Doilies set with VersaMark.  To make it easier, I put all four stamps from the set onto the largest clear block.  Once I had it all stamped, I poured on White embossing powder.  After I heat set it, I took out my Cajun ink pad and sponged on ink, wiped it down to get any excess ink off, and cut it into 3 banners. 

Because I didn't have nearly enough powder on my stamping area (kidding), I decided to emboss resist my title also.  Up close, this really looks like letter stickers.  Must remember the look is worth the mess!  I added the doily behind to keep with my doily/banner layout...and I haven't used it nearly enough.  I added a Cajun button with a bit of Cajun threads pulled from the 1 1/4" ribbon, tossed on a pearl, and finished! 

Now hop on over and check out the rest of the team's creations.  I'm sure they have come up with some amazing eye candy!  I'm honored to be among this group every time I check them out every Tuesday morning.


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Love the cajun- works perfect with your pictures!!! Your emboss reist banners are so pretty!!! Love your title- works perfect with your banners!!! Love the use of the doily die- perfect accent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to me like you enjoy embossing just fine! LOL. That is SO pretty. Lots of gorgeous banners and I love that little bow detail in the center of the doily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome layout. Love the three pictures and how you've created a masculine-feminine sort of look with the newsprint and the doilies. And what you've created with that little bit of ribbon thread is a fantastic idea. Just adds that bit more texture. It's marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a FUN layout and your words just pop off the page! I have to say, I don't use Cajun Craze very much either but you've made it shine here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly created the WOW factor. Love the color combo. I also like how you combined the newsprint and the doily images. Genius!! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete