Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Kind of Quilting

This week's inspiration challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments is again brought to you by me.  Take a look:



I love the pattern of quilts and I tend to do a lot of block layouts when I scrap...which was were I was going to go with my page, but then it took another turn.  I remembered doing a quilt square  called the Log Cabin in Home Ec in high school and though I'd make that the background of my page.  When I looked it up, I noticed how you can make a pinwheel using the squares and I love it instantly.  Here's my page:

I really love how this turned out!  I had to make two squares, each being 6 X 6.  I chose Rose Red and Wild Wasabi as I had lots of (OLD) DSP patterns to spice up my square.  I had to cut each one at the diagonal, so I was worried what that would do if I stitched it, so Gel Pen and paper piercer to the rescue.  It took a LONG time...but was so worth it, I love the look it gives.  For the center, I tied a bow of retired ribbon.  My grandma Jones quilted a lot when she was alive, and she always tied her squares...I remember waking up with knot marks on my cheek.  I matted the photo and threw on some photo corners as I thought they tied in well.  The letters are from an old set called Calendar Alphabet and Numbers.  I love how you can cut them apart and make it look like the little alphabet stickers at the box stores.  The dots are from the Owl punch.  Her shirt says "Cute as a Cupcake."  I'll leave you with a closer view, but be sure to head over and check out the rest of the team's projects.  ....and please play along!

5 comments:

  1. So adorable and all that stitching...you have mad pen skills girl! Love this page. Your girls are so lucky to have these pages made by you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute!!! Love the bright and cheerful color combo!!! Love, love, love the guilt pinwheel- Just Adorable!!! Picture is just perfect!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it so much! And her little cupcake shirt is so adorable, tied in with the title. I smiled when I read about you waking up with knot marks, that is a very sweet memory, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing - great job! Just stopped by from SC, I hope you stop by my blog and follow me too:) http://www.lauraleestamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how you did the stitching! Very clever and a super cute page!

    ReplyDelete