Tuesday, September 11, 2012

ABC's

It's theme week at Hand Stamped Sentiments and I can't tell you how excited I was to see the theme after failing miserably on last week's colors.




The best thing with the theme is I'm back to scrapping!  I'm sure you can guess where I took this....back to school pictures.   I can happily report we all did fine.  Kendall is enjoying Kindergarten and wishing she went everyday, Linnea is getting the hang of third grade and all the new responsibilities of their planners, Erik is adjusting attitudes in regards to his students thinking he's going be just like the previous teacher, and I enjoyed my first week but yesterday I began filling out an application to sub.  I loved staying home with my girls, but I really do have that desire to get back into a classroom.  Anyways, here are my pageS!

I had an idea almost immediately!  Masking is so big right now and I'm loving Stampin' Up new spritzer spray bottles.  I took an old Stampin' Up alphabet chipboard piece and punched out the letters I hadn't used and used that for my mask.  Here's a photo of it:

I used some alligator clips to hold it down, but clearly not enough and the spray "fuzzed" a bit.  I loved the look, Linnea informed me that I messed up.  For her's I used Real Red and for Kendall's I used Tempting Turquoise.  After I removed the mask, I lightly spritzed the background--I laid them on my kitchen table and stood on a chair and sprayed from way up high.  I was going for a really light mist and that worked perfect.

Here are some closer ups of the cluster portion of their pages:

Linnea's shirt was shiny so I threw on a silver glitter banner.  I crimped the largest window frame to give it some texture, forgot we axed that too :(  Then I just started building.  I had a piece of Whisper White that had been embossed with the Chevron folder sitting on my desk (it was a dejected piece from last week) so I cut it down and carefully brayed Night of Navy ink on it.  The folded star is all over Pinterest and goes with her shirt.  Thought it needed a little button tied with some dyed Real Red bakers twine I had in my drawer.  The 3 is from the new dies, but I used retired ones for the rd, miss the size of those ones!  Then I used our new Silver pen to finish.

Kendall's is much the same.  I had to bring out the Concord Crush, I miss that purple, as it best matched her backpack.  I also ended up using some Baja Breeze seam binding as the Tempting Turquoise ribbon I had seemed too bright.

I can't wait to see what the others have come up with!  Go take and look, and see what you can create using our theme-I'd love to check it out!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the layouts! I love that you created your own background paper using the theme and your title tags- SOOOOOO cute! Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, where to start? Super cool idea with the letter sheet! I wondered how you got them lined up just right, LOL. And the little title clusters that you made are really great, I love the "3rd", how the r and d are nestled together. And the little paper star! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, girl you are so awesome and you totally think out of the box. I love how you surprise me every time!! Great idea with the stencil thing. My scrapbookers will love this!!

    ReplyDelete