Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Not Feeling It...

Someone once asked me if scrapbooking comes easy for me.  Like anything I think sometimes yes and sometimes no, and this week it didn't.  It's Technique week at Hand Stamped Sentiments:



I really wanted to find something I could incorporate on a scrap page so I went digging on Splitcoaststampers.  I found this Diagonal Double Pocket Card that I thought would be perfect for a journaling spot.  Here is my page:

The good thing is that my girls keep saying they like it because they can tell by my face I'm not happy with it. (LOVE THEM!)

I started with a (OLD...like really old) retired DSP.  It kind of reminded me of old wallpaper.  I added Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake and then layered on my photo and pocket spot.  I LOVE this pocket, it really let me journal my thoughts of how lucky I think my girls are to have a photo like this.  I used the argyle embossing folder as I thought it worked off her afghan, which I also pulled the colors from.  I got stuck on the title placement, the 4 is cut from my electronic die cutting system.  :(

Again, I have to remember some you love, and some you just think at least it's not stuck in a box.  I'm so excited to see the creations of the design team, make sure you hop over and check them out!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I like it! You can't be so critical! I love the pockets you made, and I love that the layout colors don't compete with the special picture...the afghan, the smiles, the pretty homey details in the background. That's a very special photo. :) Erika

    ReplyDelete