Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Snow...flakes

I made a (bit) of a mistake this week.  For some reason I was thinking it was an Inspiration week at Hand Stamped Sentiments and had written down snow....only to find out it is Theme week and it's snowFLAKES.  Ooops.  You'll notice the flakes are a bit of an afterthought.

 

Here is my layout:

It's Pinterst-inspired, my go-to when the spark isn't there.  I started with Raspberry Ribble and layered on Crumb Cake, which is sprayed with a Champagne shimmer paint/alcohol mix to make it sparkle.  The banners are a mix of DSP, some retired, the Core paper that I embossed with the Snow Burst folder, and ribbon.  The title is cut from the Champagne glimmer paper...love that stuff!  I paper pierced the snowball image in the corner.  I was going to stamp some snowflakes in the empty spaces, but was really wishing I had a snowflake punch/die...only to find these retired felt snowflakes, bonus. 

Again, a pretty simple layout, but when I have to make two that's what they get!  Be sure to head over and see the stunning snowFLAKE projects the rest of the team have created for your enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment