Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Big Thanks!

This week at Hand Stamped Sentiments we are giving Thanks. 

 

With Christmas right around the corner...which I am really not prepared for yet, I decided to do a layout of a really great gift.  Check it out:

This is from 2009 when my 3 year old decided she wanted a Pink iPod for Christmas, even asking Santa.  It had been our policy that Santa doesn't "make" tech gifts so Nana to the rescue!  My brothers added the arm bands and iTunes gift cards.

I ended up using the colors from a challenge blog of fellow HSS designer Mindy Backes called Fab Friday.  If you haven't checked it out, you really should!  I love, love, love these colors!



oops, I just noticed I used Garden Green instead of Gumball-guess that's what happens when you abbreviate and forget about that new color.  Anyways.

I ended up "making" my own DSP.  I stared with a piece of White 12 X 12 and stamped it with the Distressed Dots using Primrose ink.  Next I took my old Crumb Cake ink pad and stamped it directly on the paper making the lines you see.  From there, I mixed up some Crumb Cake reinker, Champagne shimmer paint, and rubbing alcohol in one of our fabulous spritzer bottles and sprayed it onto the paper....at which time the girls walked in and told me my room smelled like the doctor's office.  Because of the busy paper and the good story behind the photo, I ended up making a pocket on the back of the photo to add a journalling card.  I found various ribbons to tie on. 

Now you have two blogs to go over and check out!  Trust me, it's worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet page! Love the die cut letters and your background is great…I love how you used the different supplies to get it just right! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute page! I love that you made your own DSP. The embossing on the letters is also a very fun touch. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete