Saturday, March 23, 2013

Snow White in Pink

It's monotone week again at Dynamic Duos and I struggled.  Here are this week's colors:



I know, I know I have two girls, this should be easy.  It didn't help that I had a layout all planned with Rose Red and then noticed on  my calendar that it was Regal Rose...back to square one.  I found a photo and it's one of those that HAD to be scrapped.  I admit I probably over scrap, but this one was too good to keep in a box.  I ended up going to my Pinterest board to find something that inspired me layout wise and found this layout.  I love circles, and I adored the negative hearts.  I didn't do this CASE much justice...I happen to like hers better.  But none the less, it's a photo scrapped and Linnea giggled with delight.  Take a look:

Story first!?!?  Linnea was very Disney Princess obsessed.  She watched Snow White and then we found her in her room with this plastic box and laundry basket over her, waiting for (Daddy's) true love's kiss.  She was constantly acting out these movies!  See why this photo couldn't stay in a box!

Okay, layout.  I started by stamping with my Distressed Dots background stamp, spritzed with some Regal Rose/alcohol mix, and some (other brand) white mist.  While that dried, I punched a few hearts out with the small heart punch, the smallest heart from the framelits, and the owl punch.  After that I used the circle punches to cut around the heart.  I added a heart button and one of the builder brads.  I loved the original layout with the layers around the photo, and I wanted to go with a "washabi tape" look...however I don't think it ended well.  The Fairy Tales stamp is from an OLD SU stamp.  I have too many princess pages to scrap yet to get rid of it!

Now head over and see the pink creations the Design Team has created. 

6 comments:

  1. This is great, Bobbie! You always find the perfect photo :o) Great background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layouts, Bobbie. ;-) And I think you totally did justice to your inspiration! I am giggling at the photo - kids have such fantastic imagination, don't they?! You've done a lovely job here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful take on the colour inspiration. Love the little pink hearts.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is toooooo funny! Great layout, wonderful picture and memory of your wee one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew what your daughter was doing as soon as I saw the caption paired with the photo! Simply priceless! You've done a fab job with the layout....love the distressed dots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute page - love all the little details you've added - so creative!

    ReplyDelete