Saturday, April 13, 2013

Traditional Duos

Happy Saturday!  It seems like it has been a very long week.  We got snow in MN this week and it's put me in a funk.  In fact I'm running my first "spring" 10 mile race this morning with a day high of 38 degrees.  Someone please tell Mother Nature it's spring!

but....The Dynamic Duos have a color combo that will put you in a good mood though! At least these colors make me think happy.



Like many weeks I was stumped!  This is why I love being a scrapper and not necessarily a card maker because I often look to my photos for inspiration.  While I have a traditional layout, the occasion doesn't lend itself to one of these colors.  Take a look:

I apologize for the fuzziness of the left side.  I take my photos outside by our front door...and this was one of our snowy mornings while the wind was blowing.  Typically a great spot, rain or snow...but not combined with wind.  It was hurry and take the photo.

Anyways, I found these photos from when we carved pumpkins in 2010 and L had on a T that had some blue in it.  PERFECT!

You'll find lots of retired product.  I have started the color change in my room, and am quite embarrassed with how much stuff I have.  The Pumpkin DSP and the Bashful Blue wide ribbon were a couple of my first SU purchases in 2008 (yep, I was late to the game.)  I also used old dies, but they are such a great scrapbook size.  With my oval punch, I recreated her pumpkins.  Again, super traditional, but super fun to use blue on a Pumpkin page.  

Here are a couple of closer views!  Be sure to head over and see what the ladies have created.  There was some buzz about a few making a second project, so visit the designer's page to find any "bonus" projects!




9 comments:

  1. You've created perfection with these colors! I love these pumpkins!!!! Gosh, this is super cute, Bobbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour choice for these photos, Bobbie! We go the same ice/snow storm that you did - it's not often that the kids are home with a snow day in April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a cute layout that I just had to come tell you. Love the color choices, and just made me want to make a pumpkin scrapbook page myself. Great job.
    I have the best photos from my grandson's first birthday/Halloween party, and him helping dad with the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout with the colors! How sweet to have all these memories preserved in such a beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the best layouts, Bobbie, and the best photos, too! Love what you've done with these colors, with perfectly matching photos. Awesome job, girl. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect photo choice for these colours Bobbie - love the addition of Crumb Cake as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great scrapbook pages! I love orange and blue together. It's just a happy combo. Thanks so much for the kind comment on my card. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think this color combo could have matched your photos mpre perfectly! What a great layout, Bobbie! I hope you are almost finished with the snow and ice. Yuck! I'm sure you are ready for spring! :)

    ReplyDelete