Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hold On!

Ever have a project get a way from you.  My card for this week's Hand Stamped Sentiments did just that!  Oy!  First, here are the colors for our newest color challenge:



I thought Christmas right away...and I was pleasantly surprised that others on the Design Team did too!

Okay, Hold ON:

Ready for the book?!?!  Here is my creative process:

Mind thinks use the new Snowflake set and framelits.

While reaching for those, I see the Deco Framelits, "ah, that would work."

Which color to use?  How about making your own gingham?  Check. Lets add some sponging and Gorgeous Grunge dots because that set is my go to!

Oh, I could use the new Expressions framelits too!  Check...after a few choice words while trying to get paper out of the die.

Okay, lets stamp those framelits.  Versamark on Brown Sugar with gold glitter.  OH NO!  I left my heat gun in WI! (ugh!)  Wonder if a hair dryer will work.  Gold Glitter.  Ah, I don't think so.  How about Dazzling Diamonds?  Ah, don't like that either.  How about white?  In the middle of trying to heat with the hair dryer, I notice I must have used clear powder.  Oh, well.  I like the look!, but the hair dryer is not working.  Sad face.

Now what?  Raspberry card base?  That works. Lots of empty space.  Burlap ribbon is on my desk.  What if I put some of that on there.  Now I need something to break up the similar colors.  How about a couple of strands of Raspberry and Gumball ribbon, tied with a button.  Like that.  Down the center?  Nah.  Off to the side.  Okay.  Still too much Raspberry.  How about a few more layers.  Works.  Okay, needs something.  How about some white spritzing? Okay, walk away!

So if you held on and read my novel, you should be sure to head over and get rewarded with some delightful eye candy.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha....you are too funny! Love it! Your card turned out great! Love all the elements...they work together nicely!

    ReplyDelete