Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pop of Color

I'm not sure about you, but the weeks seem to be just flying by!  I can't believe this is my third up to bat with Simple Sketches.  It has been such a blast!-so happy I took the leap and auditioned.  Here is this week's sketch:



I have to admit, I was sort of scared of this one.  My mom teases me that all the photos of my layouts are straight.  Again, I've professed I'm bit of an OCD scrapper.  After digging to find three photos, this is what I created:

Totally loved it when it was done!  These pictures are from New Year's Day 2009-see what I mean when I said I dug!  Linnea had received ice skates for Christmas and couldn't wait to use them....thank goodness for Dad!  I didn't skate as a kid, don't skate as an adult.

I took out the Crumb Cake polka dot paper as I knew I wanted to use this...I could use an entire pack of this sheet! From there I just kept building.  I pulled out a sheet of Wisteria Wonder to play off her snow suit.  Found an ice skate stamp.  All of the white on here is heat embossed:  the splatters from Gorgeous Grunge, the skates, the snowflakes, the letters...let's discuss the "1st Time."  I took my Alpha and Number builder wheels and cut them...yep, pulled the rubber off the wheel and cut the individual letters/numbers.  An entire alpha and number set for $4.50 each!  I lined them up on my clear block and had part of my title!  To finish the page, I did a bit of "faux" stitching and a small amount of journaling.

I can't believe how intimidated I was looking back.  Now head over and see what the rest of them team has created!  Some of you are playing along, and I love seeing your pages---Keep It Up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment