Saturday, September 14, 2013

Three!

I'm up again over at Simple Sketches.  Have you played along with us yet?  What are you waiting for?  Take a look at Sketch #3:



I was totally digging the 5 X 7 addition.  I rarely print my own photos larger than 4 X 6, but I did have some from when Kendall had her 3 year old photos taken...that I hadn't scrapped yet!  Here is my layout:

Isn't she so darn cute!?!?  I was owed these!  She was such a stinker at her 2 year photos, that I asked the photographer if we at least got one good one.  I'm one of those that if it isn't happening, I'm not going to torture everyone involved!

It worked out perfectly that I had this large photo and a few wallets.  I never journal on these pages.  I was sort of stuck on what to do on the right side of the page...until I thought why not copy her dress!  Out came the scraps!  Super simple, super fun...and my husband calling me a nerd.

For the top portion, I added some ribbon and buttons.  The lower portion uses SU's burlap ribbon and chevron border punch.

Some heat embossing on a Décor Framelit, a button, and done!

Now be sure to head over and see what the remaining team has created...and play along.  Again, a sketch is a great way to get those creative ebbs flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment