Saturday, August 6, 2011

Back to School....

These may be naughty words for some.  I apologize.  But I feel like it's right around the corner with all the ads for clothes and supplies.  I made this little card to give to my daughter.  She'll be in SECOND grade.  How did that happen?  I thought about her when I made it, and I can't wait to give it to her on that first day of school. 

  
The card base is Blushing Bride, I layered on a piece from the Just Add Cake DSP, and then a piece of Poppy Parade.  I then scrunched some Baja Breeze seam binding on top of that.  For the center, I cut a 3" circle from Early Espresso cardstock using the Big Shot Die.  I then punched a 2 1/2" circle from Whisper White and used the School Lines stamp with Baja Breeze ink to give it that notebook look.  I then stamped the Greeting Cards Kid image using Staz On and used colors from the DSP and my blender pen to color the image.  I cut out around the kids and added them to the circle with dimensionals.  

I can/can't wait to give it to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment