Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Apple Picking

This week at Hand Stamped Sentiments we have a Fruity theme



...and if you are clicking over from that site wondering why my page looks so funny here's the reason:

 ..it's a two page layout!  It was hard to fit my project in my assigned square without making it a small thumbnail, so you just got a teaser.

This really is nothing I had in mind.  I love love love the DSP and a stamp set with coordinating framlits coming out in the Holiday mini that would have been PERFECT!.. but life happens and I spent all day July 1st traveling to attend a visitation so my order didn't get in right away and I really didn't want to pay for the fast shipping.  So needless to say, I used what I had and came up with some layouts of our trip to the apple orchard last fall.  Here's a few more views...

Left side.  I used my Scoreboard to add some dimension to the Old Olive...which the sun really loved this morning.  ugh.  The little apples and DSP are SUPER old, I think from when I first was introduced to Stampin' Up. I messed up the spacing on my APPLES... it just wasn't my day.

Right side.  Another strip of Old Olive to tie the pages.  (Our beloved Honeycrisp apples were really high in the trees...so happy Dad was along...though he didn't notice the horrible shadowing on my face and this is the only picture we took of the girls and I. I'll sacrifice a bad picture, sadly I rarely get in the pictures.)
I also got Kendall's page done!  -I scrap individual books for each girl.  That way they never have to argue over them...though my luck they won't want them :(

Moral of the post is use what you have!  ....but get over to HSS if you haven't.  I peeked and a couple of designers have used what I'll have in my fingers come Thursday.  ...Man I love that brown truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment