Monday, July 23, 2012

Let's Go to the Beach, Beach

No, I'm not a Nicki Minaj fan but this was our theme song for our Virginia Beach trip this past June ...and it's Beach week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.




When it comes to scrapbooking, I consider myself a traditionalist.  I like the touch of the paper and the embellishments and a full 12 X 12 page....but then I'm also a realist and want a book done...now.  I decided to order Stampin' Up's divided page protects with the hope that I'd finish a vacation book before the next one.  It comes with one page that is not divided so this will be my opening page, and here is what I came up with:

I love this picture of our family buried in the sand! ..and how better to highlight it than this new fun polka dot DSP, I have a feeling this paper will be used a lot in this book!  I used one of the new spritzing bottles to color in the bottom of the page, it looks like it has been sponged though...have to work on that! :)  I made the sand castle using the retired spiral punch and a couple of flags that say Virginia Beach. 

Here is the page that will be on the back:

I took a sand picture and thought I'd highlight it will some sand embossing powder...but I really didn't like the small area I covered so I decided to do the majority of the page.  The bottom is the back story of why we went.  My cousin lives in Virginia Beach and our family, my mom, two brothers, my aunt & cousin (his mom and sister) all headed out to visit before his SECOND deployment to Afghanistan.  I babysat him when he was little, and am extremely proud of the man he's become...I can only imagine his parent's pride.  The last line reads "These are a few of our favorite" with memories in retired letters.

I have to admit I've started the next page and these divided pockets may win!  You have to be really organized in the way you want the book to go....and I'm not a chronological scrapper!  I can't wait to share more pages, but in the mean time go check out the other designer's projects.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun opening page. The dsp says summer and so do all the smiles. Hope you had a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute!!! Love the color combo with the Bright yellow!! Love your punched sand castle- So Cute!! Perfect memory page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I've been using the divided page protectors, too, and they're great since it relieves you of the task of filling that large 12 x 12 area. I think you'll like them! Awesome cover page, it looks like it'll be a great album...especially with you as the curator ;) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cute page and the pic is so fun!

    ReplyDelete