Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dazzling Leaves

It's technique week again at Hand Stamped Sentiments....and don't be shocked, I had to look this one up too! (I told you, I'm not much of a technique stamper.)  In the end, I really loved it-no glitter going everywhere!  Take a look:



You heat set the sparkles so they are not all over your desk...GENIUS.  After weeks of using what I had, I finally have a page with some new stuff coming out in the Holiday Catalog.  If you haven't seen it, let me know....but beware, you'll want it all!  So here is my page:

In my attempt to make the Mustard look Mustard, my spritzing looks messy.  In person the page is much prettier.  :)

I started with a piece of Very Vanilla and then I took Stampin' Up's new spritzer bottles and made my own shimmer spray using rubbing alcohol, Crumb Cake reinker, and a few drops of Champagne shimmer paint.  Then in a few areas I used my Soft Suede marker and the Spritzer tool and made a few more splotches.

From there I made the focal point under the photo.  The checkered paper is from the Orchard Harvest DSP.  Again, LOVE.  I layered on a piece of  Cotton Ribbon, again this stuff is fabulous.  Then I broke in my new letter dies using Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock.  I ran these through the Woodgrain Embossing folder and then sanded them a bit.  A small strip of punched Old Olive adds some more green.

The leaves.  We all have a first.  A Stampin' Up first that is! :)  My first party I attended I made the sin of punching first and then stamping.  I KNOW!  Well, I quickly was reprimanded....and then these leaves came.  I love this set.  I love fall.  I love taking fall pictures so regardless of what I read on our demo site, I wanted these leaves.  So here is my warning...You have to die cut the leaves...then stamp.  I thought I'd be smart, cut a piece of copy paper and use the negative to carefully put my image in and then roll through the Big Shot....until I noticed to do that you have to put your stamped image upside down because of the way the stems are....which also means if you stamp once and don't like, you really can't turn it over and restamp.  Some people have said they wish the die was a framelit, which would be nice, but I still love that I can use this die with thicker material such as cork and chipboard.

I thought the page was a bit plain so I stitched some linen thread and a few wood buttons.  I'll leave this book with another picture and a reminder to head over and look at the other projects.  If you have an aversion to glitter messes, make sure you check out this technique!


No comments:

Post a Comment