Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Eight in Midnight Muse

It's all about the new In Colors this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.


Now if you read one of my posts last week, you'll know that this is only the second time I've used these colors.  I'm just not sure about them yet, and knowing me I'll fall in love with them about 4 months before they are gone, dare I mention Poppy Parade.  But anyways, I found some pictures of my Linnea taken this last April when she turned eight and used Midnight Muse combined with Soft Suede.  Take a look at my double layout:

I found a sketch over on Pinterest and made it a double layout, not sure if I like it or not, but it's more pages in her book :)

Here's the right side:

The layer of (what appears to be solid) Soft Suede is a long ago retired piece of DSP.  The remaining patterns are all from Comfort Cafe.  The Eight is cut from the Typeset Alphabet using chipboard and then the tweed looking DSP from this pack. 

Onto the left side:

I also used a strip of the ribbon on each side, just to give it some more texture.  I love a photo corner and added some trinkets to each one.

Here's a closer view of the bottom detail:

I never journal on these pages, however I finally purchased this set called Family Reunion.  Not sure what took me so long, but I made a few flags to describer her.  After stamping, I cut down the new cotton ribbon and attached them to a wooden skewer.

I have to make myself to use these colors, I really love this blue after playing with it.  Now head over and see what colors that crazy-talented design team have used!

1 comment:

  1. Love your layout! Your little cluster of banners with the stamped ribbon is the cutest, great details. Super sweet pictures, too! erika

    ReplyDelete