Tuesday, August 21, 2012

So Much to Adore

It's technique week at Hand Stamped Sentiments and sometimes those are the ones that scare me most...but not this one!  I am enamored by this one, and I know I'll use it again.  It's all about the herringbone pattern.



I admit I went looking for some help over at Splitcoast Stampers and found what they call Herringbone.  It's a little different than what I had envisioned, but I went with it and adore my final page.  Take a look:

Can it get any more fun than this!?!?  I knew with this pattern I wanted to use a single photo, so the technique could really shine. ...but I take a ton of photos and I want to scrap it all so finding a one photo moment was tough.  I found this one of my youngest taken in March on what she called "Wacky Wednesday."

Let's talk background shall we.  First, dear Stampin' Up I am in dire need of the new Trimmer, some of my "straight and square" cuts are terrible.  My strips were supposed to be 3/8".  Second, when I started pulling colors out of the photo, the paper patterns were really starting to make me dizzy, so I settled on all polka dot paper.  The Peach and Pink Pirouette are retired papers. 

I then was left with this photo that had tons of white space and really didn't know where I wanted to journal...and it's a good story, so journalling was a must.  Then the lightbulb came on--out came my Sharpie (doesn't smudge) and I journaled on the photo.  ...Then I wasn't balanced, so out came some ribbon in the coordinating colors and I tied some knots onto the photo.  The mustache on the label is from the set A Fitting Occasion, and really a large reason why I bought the set.  I had first put it on a flag to put in the top knot, but didn't like it.  Really the only thing I don't "adore" is that I wish I would have stamped it in orange.  I must be a true scrapper, always thinking about what I would have done different after a page is complete.

So there.  A page and technique that I really, really adore!  Hop on over to see what the rest of the team has created.

4 comments:

  1. Very Cute!!! Love the color combo- so bright and cheerful!!! The picture is perfect!!! So adorable!!! Love the accents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think your page looks dizzy at all! It is AWESOME!!! Your lines look perfectly straight my friend. :) I LOVE the page, so going to have to try this on a full page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So SO cute! From top to bottom, all the little details are great! I love that you crossed out Wednesday & wrote Friday, and that you journaled on the photo, I love the ribbons that match your prolific stripes of color! And finally, your little girl! Oh my goodness, she cracks me up! Her leggings and her glasses are hilarious! A really enjoyable layout :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow! That must have been a ton of work and it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete