Thursday, August 23, 2012

twelve days...

twelve days until both girls will be in school.  my baby will be a kindergartener.  where has time gone?  with school starting just in a mere twelve days, I put together some school layouts.  These are all of my oldest, but span time....yep, always behind.

Here is her first year of preschool...and in twelve days she'll be a third grader.  The number accents are from a 12 X 12 I found at a scrap store.  I loved it, and I have many extras to use on other pages.  I stapled on a piece of Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green ribbon.  For the letters I used the Typeset Alphabet and some found chipboard material.  I then added some polka dots using a retired stamp, Tangerine Tango craft ink, and clear Embossing Powder.

This is her Kindergarten class photo.  She is so darn photogenic!  The background is a sheet from the Storytime DSP.  The retired chipboard letters were "squished" on my Pretty in Pink ink pad, the color was very muted but worked perfect with her headband.  I wanted them to be shiny so I added some Crystal Effects.  The corner number is also from this DSP and I added a little apple from the Perfectly Preserved stamp set and coordinating framelits.

And finally this is her and her teacher on the last day of school last year.  I loved this report card that can also be found in the Storytime DSP, and knew it was perfect for this photo.  Linnea really became aware of grades this year....and her teacher was very in tune with this.  I found the notebook paper in my (huge) stash and it worked perfect with his shirt.  I added some journalling about the year, and in walked Linnea in my room.  She asked if she could fill out the report card and I jumped at it!--what a great way to see her handwriting in her book.  The A+ is from the "candy wrapper" set, sorry the name escapes me.

Thanks for stopping by and here's to a great upcoming school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment