Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mojo Monday 181 Challenge

Here is the layout challenge offered up this week at Mojo Monday:


Now at first I was quite overwhelmed.  If you have noticed the other cards on my blog, I lean more to Clean and Simple cards.  So nonetheless, this is a challenge!  I stayed with 2 colors because I didn't want the card get away from me, and so it still had that CAS feeling.  Don't get me wrong, there are some beautiful cards entered this week that play with many colors and textures-go check them out!

With out further delay....my card:


I love how it turned out!  Further proof that challenges are helping me step out of some comfort zones. I mimicked the paper from the Celebrations DSP paper and the stamp from Bring on the Cake.  (I love this stamp set and it's only available until April 30th.) I also punched some holes in my scalloped circle to match the dotted scallop ribbon border. The button is from the winter mini catalog, but I am in LOVE with the big buttons.  I added some white string to it and to the cupcake.

Here is the rest of the recipe:
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White, Celebrations DSP
Ink: Real Red
Stamps: Bring on the Cake, Create a Cupcake
Accessories: Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 die, 2.5" Circle punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Build a Cupcake Punch

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun card! Love the red and white. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete