Monday, March 28, 2011

Stampin' Celebration #45

The Stampin' Celebration challenge this week is one of pure elegance, and my eyes were immediately drawn to the wedding cake. 



Weddings are one area that I don't make too many cards, so I thought this challenge would give me a great reason to do a wedding card. I also saw a wedding cake cake card card beautifully done on The Paper Stamper.  So here is my card based on the challenge and the peer inspiration:



I used Basic Black and Very Vanilla as my color choices. To make the design in my cake layers I used my Elegant Lines embossing folder.  I first cut my pieces and then put them in the folder so the image would line up.  The flower fusion sizzlit was used to make the flowers along with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch.  I used the 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon to make my cake look like the one in the picture, and then added pearls to add another layer.  You also can't tell, but after the card was assembled I used the Frost White Shimmer Paint mixed with alcohol and sprayed the card.  I really like how it turned out! Again, I have to thank Kathy for the inspiration!

5 comments:

  1. So pretty. Love the cascading flowers. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stampin' celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I agree, such great colors for a wedding card! Thanks for celebrating with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love how you added the texture to the 'cake' part. Thanks so much for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Love the cascade of flowers. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative! Love the flowers, embossing and pearls! So glad you joined us at Stampin' Celebration!!

    ReplyDelete