Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Color Throwdown Wedding Card

There comes a time when you really, REALLY like a card.  Today's that day!  I have to give a WOOT WOOT to the colors over at Color Throwdown this week:


...combined with a great layout this month at i (heart) sketches:

sfyttapr2011


Here's a side view:


and the front:


I started with a 5" square Crumb Cake Card.  I layered it with a Very Vanilla square that I sprayed with my Stampin' Mist and scrunched up a bit and then added some Crumb Cake ink on the edges.  I then added some Pumpkin Pie DSP layers that I also sprayed and distressed.  Next came the Soft Sky DSP layer (this is a retired color but I liked it so much that I hoarded some when it retired.) For my center square, I took my Broadsheet Alphabet and put the letters on a clear block so I could stamp them all at once. I made a flower from the Pumpkin Pie DSP with my Flower Fusion Die and added a Crumb Cake brad in the center.  For my lower right corner, I lined up three Pumpkin Pie buttons with Hemp Twine tied to them.  The center one holds a "Mr. & Mrs." tag on Soft Sky.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love this color combo for a wedding card - unexpected and fresh! Great job with the SFYTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete