Thursday, April 14, 2011

Create with Connie and Mary Father's Day Card

Mary has a bright color combination this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.







Now these are three colors I've never but together, that's why I love color challenges!  Here's my card and I'll tell you a bit more about it after you see it.


I love it! I figure I can write something about being a wise old owl in the inside.  For the details.  I used a 4 1/4" Pacific Blue square card, layered it will Whisper White.  I then found some OLD Real Red DSP to layer on top of that.  I then took a piece of Real Red and tucked under a Pacific Blue Scallop and tied on 1/4" Pumpkin Pie Ribbon.  I also pierced some holes, but it's really hard to see here. For the center, I cut a 3" Pacific Blue circle, layered with Whisper White,and used my Owl Punch to make the owl.  I added a Real Red Glimmer Paper heart.  (I sure hope they come up with that in more colors-love the non-mess!)  The stamp is from the Something to Celebrate set.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Very lovely card Bobbie. Your little fella is so cute! Thanks for visiting us at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those owls make such CUTE cards! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! That little owl looks so cute wearing this week's colors! Thanks for playing at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! And such a super idea for a Father's Day card! I hope, too, that they come out with more colors in the glimmer paper! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute...love the owl for Father's Day! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how very sweet! I would have never thought of using the owl for Father's Day but it is a GREAT idea! Thanks for playing along with week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Don't you just love that owl? Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

    ReplyDelete