Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Colour Q Mother's Day Card

Yesterday I hopped onto to Colour Q and found these colors for this weeks challenge:



My favorite colors of this challenge are Kraft and Cherry Cobbler, so I knew I wanted them to be my "stars." I'm still out on the Tangerine Tango and since Kiwi Kiss is retired I dug through my scrap box and found enough to add a taste. 

Here is my card:


I started with a Very Vanilla card base and layered it with Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake.  To make the Cherry Cobbler flower, I took a 3" circle and cut it so it so I could use a quilling tool to wrap the paper.  The Tangerine Tango flowers are made using a 2.5" circle.  I tucked in some "leaves" made from the Fun Flower die behind the flower, and stamped "Happy Mother's Day" in Early Espresso ink.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. So very pretty! I absolutely love your flowers. Great take on this weeks colours, thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Thanks for playing with us at colourQ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, flowers so pretty, Bobbie! Thanks for playing the colourQ with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those flowers Bobbie, terrific use of the challenge colors! Thank you so much for playing with the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete