Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pearls on the Farm

Today's scrap page features one of my favorite pictures I took last fall.  One of our most favorite places to visit is my husband's aunt and uncle's home.  The girls love it there mostly for the horses, but also because they are spoiled rotten when they are there.  Take a look at the page:




















I paired my favorite photo with my favorite paper. Again it is in the Saleabration catalog, and I will be hoarding it. Since every pattern is so great it is hard to decide which one to use, so this layout let me showcase quite a few.  The layout is from the GotSketch? blog, and if you are a scrapbooker and are stuck for a layout, it's a great site to jump start that mojo! 

I started with a Very Vanilla 12X12, but I added some Soft Suede ink with a sponge on the edges.  The next layer is a piece of patterned Soft Suede from the Neutrals pattern pack.  I wanted to use a piece of Soft Suede but am out :(, must do some paper inventory.  For bottom corner of the picture, I used our Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (say that ten times!).  I went with the oval and tore it out, giving it a worn look.  I added a Pool Party oval in the center, misted on Soft Suede ink with my Color Spritzer, added the place and date with my marker. This was not enough so I added some pearls along the edges on the raised dots, punched a small hole and added some Poppy Parade fibers (I must thank Erica Cerwin from Pink Buckaroo Designs for getting me addicted to this method!) and a Poppy Parade butterfly from our Beautiful Wings Embosslit.

I added some more butterflies in the upper corner using colors from the DSP and a few strips to journal on under the photo and just like that another page done!

Thanks for taking a look and let me know if you would like to know how to earn this GORGEOUS DSP paper...or even those Impressions Folders.  Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment