Sunday, March 4, 2012

Banners...Yes Please!

Krista recently left me a very sweet comment on one of my postings and invited me to check out another challenge blog, Hand Stamped Sentiments.  When I checked it out, I couldn't believe this week's challenge...BANNERS!



Now I realize some people are over this trend, but I'm not sure I'll ever be.  I think they can be done in so many ways! So off to the photos I went.  Here's what I came up with:





















Instead of doing the traditional horizontal banner, I decided to make it go down the page vertically.  I started to gather my paper scraps, when I noticed all this 5/8" grosgrain ribbon staring at me.  Stampin' Up retired this ribbon last year and I stocked up before it disappeared.  I love this size as a scrapbooker and was sad to see it go.  The paper was put away, and I selected some ribbon colors and cut my banners.  I would never have attempted this without my Craft scissors.  They are simply the best at cutting ribbon, and even my kids know that is all they are used for!  This picture has so much story behind it that I wanted to have space to journal and also let the story be a focal point.  The hand writing is done using my Regal Rose marker (our markers have a fine and broad tip) and the "really Mom" is the Timeless Type set.  I added a few buttons and page complete.

Thanks for stopping and looking.  Be sure to check out this blog, it has some very talented designers!

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you....I sure hope this trend doesn't go away for a long time. It's a great way to add some color and dimension to your project. I think you did it fabulously...is that a word? LOL! Anyways, cute page and a super cute pic, too!! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banners are timeless aren't they??? I hope so:-) This is a really fun and modern page, I love it! Great bright colors too! Thanks for playing at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous page and the sideways banners really make it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great use of ribbon and buttons. Your daughter is adorable! This is a great page to showcase her. Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete