Thursday, March 29, 2012

Little Fish

I was SUPER excited to see this weeks colors over at Colour Q.  I knew exactly what photo I wanted to scrap....because it's been sitting on my desk just waiting for the right inspiration.  Take a look at the color palette.



Here's my layout:



I have to give my husband a big KUDOS for helping me, otherwise this page would probably be laying in my garbage.  Not only did he help me in laying out the sunburst (as a builder, he's good with the measuring and planning), but also helped me save my sewing when I thought I had it totally messed up!  He keeps reminding me that one's hobby is supposed to relax you...

So a bit about the page.  The DSP is from the color family packs.  The fish are made from the oval, 5 petal flower, and small heart punches.  I used a couple of scraps punched with the scallop edge punch to make the scales. I sponged on Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight ink in alternating amounts.  "LITTLE" is from the Billboard Decorative Strip.  "fish" is retired chipboard letters colored using Craft Melon Mambo ink.  I journaled with my white gel pen along the sun, as I wanted to say something without it sticking out.



I'm really glad that I hadn't scrapped this photo as I love the color combo (THANK YOU  Colour Q!) and this page...just not in a hurry to go sew another.... (I scrap a book for each girl.)

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous page,Bobbie, I love how you used the colors. Thanks for joining us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful page!! love the bright sun and the cute little fishies!! so glad you joined us this week at the ColourQ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright FUN scrapbook page! I especially ♥ the way you did the SUN and will have to use that idea. I've "pinned" it to my Pinterest board. :)

    ReplyDelete