Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lists, and more Lists.

Way back on the 13th of this month, I noticed the challenge blog Hand Stamped Sentiments was having an open audition for new designers.  Here it is now hours before it closes.  So why the delay?

1.  I've never auditioned for anything...well there was that pageant thing, but I really only did it because my mom and dad wanted me to.
2.  These gals are MEGA talented.  Honestly, I've blog stalked a few of them for a while now, and upon doing my research for this, I've discovered that they are all worthy of stalking!
3.  I had to make sure this was a good fit....and I think it will be!  Their challenges incorporate techniques, colors, themes which in turn offer a wide range of finished projects.

So here are my entries...there's 2 because I scrap a book for each girl, that way I'm assured they don't get in a fight later in life and tear the books apart! :)  Take a look:



Linnea's layout is not the best photo but it's uber windy here today and it was a challenge in itself trying to get the picture before it blew over.

So I've seen more and more layouts with lists and I have to say I don't do them very often. I loved these pictures and thought I could use them to do a layout that incorporated a list of words that describe them....at the moment of course!

Here's another list of some of the details:
1.  The Crumb Cake card stock is splattered with black ink using my Color Spritzer...love that thing!
2.  The Note and Details stamps set has the perfect 1-10 stamp for creating a list.
3.  I used the Decorative Label punch to journal where the picture was taken.  I've learned the hard way...my mom gave me some pictures that I have NO idea where they were taken.  Now it's something I do on almost every page!
4.  I sorta goofed on the first page.  Can you tell where?  Of course not!  There's were the ribbon banners came in.  They were added to cover an oops, but I love how it turned out....as I have a (small) ribbon obsession.
5.  I machine stitched my Basic Black card stock.  I love the look, but it always gives me anxiety. 


So with just under 2 hours left, I take a deep breath and enter this audition.  I'll let you know how it turns out!

Bobbie

1 comment:

  1. Stunning pages, I'm sure your girls will adore them for years to come! Love the bit of color in the smaller photo against all the neutrals, so fun! Thanks for trying out over at HSS for the Design Team, good luck!

    ReplyDelete