Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easter Buddies

This week over at Hand Stamped Sentiments they have a theme challenge....EASTER.



I have no Easter stamps.  I'm not sure why, but I don't.  I headed to my pictures because I thought I had pictures of the girls coloring Easter eggs last year....but I must not have printed them.  (insert sad face.)  I did however find a picture of all of the cousins taken last Easter Sunday.   I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the page.....sort of.  Take a look:


I really wanted to make Easter eggs for the page, but I didn't want to use my oval punch with card stock.  In order to give them a "dyed" look, I headed to the bathroom with my reinkers, a small plastic container, and my punched Whisper White ovals.  I dropped a couple of drops of ink into the container, added a small amount amount of water, stirred, and then dipped in my ovals.  After about the fourth one, I wondered if water color paper would have been better, but the ovals were punched and I think they look fine.  I used the following colors from left to right:  Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, and Old Olive.  You can tell that the colors became very muted.  I used the Broadsheet Alphabet for the letters on the egg.  For some reason, it gives me that fancy Easter feeling.  I stamped using Whisper White craft ink and then heat embossed with White embossing powder.  I did it this way to give it that crayon on Easter egg look.  I threaded them with our Hemp Twine, only because I thought I had to much white going on.


This is where I got stuck.  Everything I did around the photo took away from my eggs I was so excited about, so I just went for a "plain" background.  Since the egg colors were muted, I thought Peach Parfait would work for a base and added a scalloped edge on each side.  I found a retired chipboard 7 and used my white craft ink to ink it up.  I used the Just Perfect alphabet set and Chocolate Chip ink to stamp "easter" and prayed that I didn't mess it up too terribly...I think it looks fine.  On the other side I created a little bunny with some punches.

So while I have no Easter stamp sets, I think I made a fabulous Easter page!

5 comments:

  1. and I'd have to second that!! FABULOUS Easter page Bobbie! LOVE those little eggs and before I looked closer, thought they said Bunnies, lol! :) Great trick for coloring your eggs too. Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments! ps. I don't have any Easter sets either... wink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie I love this page and that little bunny is absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great page, nice bright colors and the egg banner...so cute!! I'm loving all of your layouts!!! I can't wait to see more! Easter is one of those holidays that I love, but never buy sets for either. I did, however get the a la carte stamp from the mini. Happy Easter to you and your kiddies and thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect background to show off your eggs and photo! You used the perfect Easter colors. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so neat! I didn't have any Easter stamps either and you sure didn't need them! I LOVE your eggs, that was an amazing idea and the punch bunny is too cute! Thanks for playing at HSS!

    ReplyDelete